Thursday, August 25, 2011

Lazlo

I admit that in preparing to write this, I am faced with a personal dilemma. On one hand I want to relate my Lazlo Steigenberger experience, and on the other hand I want to let you experience it for yourself. So, here is what I am going to do…
I will tell you firstly, that the Lazlo Steigenberger Project of which I was granted attendance (more on that later) was held at the Queen Victoria Museum and Art Gallery’s Planetarium at Inveresk. As I referred back to my handy-sized Junction Event Guide, I noticed that the pages featuring details on this, er, lecture, had dog-ear corners folded noticeably larger than the rest. In my rudimentary approach to prioritising events at JAF, this basically meant that it was something that I would make every effort to get to. The reason for this was naively, and perhaps ashamedly, because I hadn’t heard of Lazlo Steigenberger.

I will tell you secondly, that I have now.
Thirdly, I will mention that Lazlo surveyed me entering the Planetarium and said, in a way that only he can, it was okay for me to sit down. I smiled quirkily and found my place. What more can you expect from a man that describes in a round-about-sort-of way the jump from the primordial swamp into trousers, while flicking through notes from the government by the light of a ridiculously bright headlamp?

How can I put this? Timers, Space clocks, K.P.H, government correspondence, carefully inserted rock tunes, full use of the Planetarium’s projection hardware, and, well, the delectable insight of Lazlo Steigenberger.
Oh, I almost forgot! The moon. There it goes!

As the JAF Event Guide states, here is your opportunity to experience the universe like you’ve never before. And yes, shoes are compulsory.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?